The Data Protection Act 2018 (as amended) builds on existing data protection legislation to help ensure that your data is handled lawfully and appropriately.
Cockburn Lodge No. 5362 takes these obligations very seriously: we keep our policies and procedures under regular review to ensure that we comply with these Regulations.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to allow the proper, timely and reasonable administration of the Lodge, the Province of Yorkshire West Riding and the United Grand Lodge of England.
If you are a member of Cockburn Lodge, we hold information about you which may include but is not limited to: your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and masonic rank etc. on a secured electronic database.
- Cockburn Lodge will use your data to record your engagement with this Lodge and to manage your membership. We will use your data to communicate with you regarding Lodge meetings and activities.
- Cockburn Lodge will use your data to keep you informed of its work and to contact you to gain support for its work.
- Cockburn Lodge will NOT pass or sell your data to third parties or otherwise distribute it except for the explicit purposes stated above or in compliance with our legal obligations under the Regulations.
Under the Act you have various rights which include, but are not limited to:
- You have the right to the erasure of your data but in exercising that right you will be unable to continue your membership of the Lodge as we can no longer administer your membership.
- You have the right to ensure that your data is accurate and if you believe that the data we hold is not accurate for some reason, please contact the Lodge Secretary so that it may be corrected.
- You have the right to object if you believe your data is not being used for the legitimate interests stated above. For example: its unauthorised use by third parties.
If you have any questions or queries regarding how your data is processed by Cockburn Lodge or should you wish to exercise your rights under the Regulation to amend or erase your data, please contact the Lodge Secretary.